Fitness for Duty Evaluations following offer of employment
- Pre-employment evaluations utilize career-relevant psychometric testing and empirically based clinical interviews
- Interview and testing techniques are modified to reflect the changing climate of policing, as well as routine review of the literature on police psychology and police/first responder selection techniques.
- The clinical interviews provide exhaustive coverage of the candidate’s life and provides valuable information on character and honesty, while identifying current risk factors, and an estimate of long term risk factors based on the empirical literature.
- FPS utilizes a proprietary algorithm based on current literature in law enforcement/first responder personnel evaluation techniques. This provides consistency in the methodologies and judgments used in our assessments and ultimate determination of fitness for duty.
- FPS has 25+ years of Fitness for Duty with Law Enforcement and other personnel, and we adhere to the most recently updated International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) Police Psychological Services Section. This provides for fully defensible techniques in personnel selection.